The first day of autumn (fall) is just around two months away. Kids are starting school soon, which means parents will once again be active and out-and-about in their communities. The transition from summer to fall is a great time to assess our wardrobes and see where there might be room for improvement. If you are looking to stay on-target with the latest trends for fall 2021, check out these 10 fall fashion trends that are already on fashionista radars.
- Lilac: The color “lilac” is one of the trends hitting runways for fall 2021. From women’s sweatshirts to dresses, cardigans to accessories – lilac is a soft and feminine color palette that looks great no matter what.
- Lime Green: In something of a contrast to the pastel sweetness of lilac, another trending color for fall 2021 is lime green. The brighter the better seems to be the tone, as designers have been showcasing entire outfits made from different hues of lime green, offset by solid accessories and bold accents.
- Sweater Vests: Sweater vests aren’t just for country clubs. These iconic layering pieces are making a huge comeback, and it looks like bold and colorful vests are on the radar for fall 2021.
- Leopard Print Coats: Solid-colored coats are a thing of the past for 2021. Now, leopard print coats are all the rage. Leopard print is a fun way to add some pizzazz to your wardrobe. If you aren’t quite sold on a solid coat, try a reversible one, or a coat that has leopard accents.
- Cutouts: Cutouts continue to be a trend that crosses seasons. For fall, expect cutouts in ways that let some crisp air touch your skin without risking hypothermia. Tops with small cutouts are a great way to show a little skin while staying warm and cozy.
- Acid-Wash Denim: You may not have worn acid-wash denim since the 1980’s, but now – it’s back with a twist! This denim trend has gotten an upgrade with bold new designs in jumpsuits, utility dresses, and – of course – jeans.
- Colorful Leather: You won’t find as much tried-and-true brown, black, or tan leather this fall. Right now, colorful leather is taking the fashion world by storm. From crop tops to trench coats, hot leather colors include lilac (see above), tan, aqua, and violet.
- Quilting: The texture known as “quilting” is often referred to as “puffy”. Puffy vests and jackets are warm and cozy. Now, quilting textures are being seen in bright and bold colors, and are available in far more than ski-worthy outerwear.
- Sparkles: Sequins and sparkles are a fun trend for fall 2021 (and beyond). From sparkly fabrics to sequins, chainmail to glitter – you can be the life of any event by embracing this trend.
- Printed Tights: Tights and leggings continue to be a fashion staple. Fall fashion trends appear to confirm it is a trend that’s here to stay. Right now, printed tights are getting a lot of attention. From polka dots to argyle, tie dye to bold colorful prints – there is sure to be something for everyone this fall.
Are you ready for fall 2021? Try out any (or all) of these trends to get yourself and your wardrobe ready for the upcoming season. Have fun and don’t be afraid to take fashion risks.